TeenTober is a new, nationwide celebration hosted by libraries every October and aims to celebrate teens, promote year-round teen services and the innovative ways teen services helps teens learn new skills, and fuel their passions in and outside the library. TeenTober replaces YALSA’s previous Teen Read Week™ and Teen Tech Week™ celebrations, allowing libraries the flexibility to celebrate all types of literacies according to their library’s schedule. Library staff are encouraged to utilize this new celebration to advocate for and raise awareness of the importance of year-round teen services in libraries.
Here’s the link for TeenTober toolkit, info, and resources:
- Summer Reading News
- Summer Reading Links
- Sites to enhance your program
- Recreational reading lists—and accompanying bookmarks—for kids of all ages
- Summer Reading Research
- Findings from leading experts on the importance of recreational summer reading and participation in public library summer reading programs
- The New York State Library is pleased to offer READsquared at NO COST to public libraries statewide!
- Downloadable Materials
- Access customizable media releases, logos, bookmarks and flyers to promote your program
- Kids Video & Audio
- Listen to, view and download this year’s audio and video promotional spots
- Great Partners
- “Summer Reading at New York Libraries” partnerships bring resources to all public libraries and families.
- Language Videos
- Learn to sign some fun stories and songs.
- NYLA – YSS Newsletter
- Newsletters from the Youth Services Section of the New York Library Association