The New York State Library has been busy getting ready for the 2015 Summer Reading at New York Libraries program. This coming year’s theme is “Every Hero Has a Story.” All of the flyers listed below, as well as other materials, can be downloaded and printed from the New York State Library Summer Reading at New York Libraries website: http://www.nysl.nysed.gov/libdev/summer/facts.htm.
- 10 Easy Ways to Get Children to Read This Summer – A flyer with a list of ways to get children to read this summer, as well as information about Summer Reading at New York Libraries.
- Easy Ways to Grow a Great Reader – This flyer promoting early literacy is available in ten languages, including English, Spanish, and Chinese.
- Help your students improve skills through reading during the summer months – A flyer to share with teachers and educators.
- Teen NY Facebook Page – A flyer promoting the Teen NY Facebook page, intended for teens and those who work with teens.
- Summer Reading at New York Libraries and the Common Core – A flyer detailing how reading over the summer relates to the Common Core Learning Standards.
- 8.5” x 11” Every Hero Has a Story! Posters – Regular-paper-sized posters of the 2015 summer reading theme slogan for children and early learners.
- Summer Reading at New York Libraries Fact Sheet – This fact sheet is updated every year and includes information about the summer reading theme, participation numbers, yearly partnerships, and some helpful summer reading websites.
The 2015 School Library Partner Manual and the 2015 Early Literacy Partner Manual: A Resource for Childcare Providers are also available at http://www.nysl.nysed.gov/libdev/summer/facts.htm.
The 2015 School Library Partner Manual contains information for schools and school libraries to partner with a public library or public library system to help all students take advantage of summer reading. It also includes full resource lists for books, recordings, and websites related to the 2015 summer reading theme, “Every Hero Has a Story.”
The 2015 Early Literacy Partner Manual: A Resource for Childcare Providers contains information for child care providers and schools to partner with a public library or public library system to help children and families gain the early literacy skills needed for children to succeed in school. It also has early literacy resource lists for books, recordings, and websites related to the 2015 summer reading theme, “Every Hero Has a Story.”
Check back soon for the 2015 updates to the four Explore New York reading lists and bookmarks.