Summer reading is well underway at libraries across the country and I want to take a moment to thank you for your continued support of CSLP. I also want to thank the librarians who serve on our committees and help create the amazing programs and resources used by libraries big and small every day. And finally a big thank you to our outgoing Board members Michelle Wills, Pam Carlson, Martha Shiners and Lori Special. We are extremely grateful for your leadership and guidance on your committees over the years. Thank you!!
On June 1, I had the pleasure of officially becoming President of the Collaborative Summer Library Program and I want you to know what an honor it is to serve you all and this amazing organization. This is a very exciting time for CSLP as there are many changes coming to our organization in the coming months.
- Past President Jasmine Rockwell is working with her committee on the search for an Executive Director. Our goal is to have this person hired and working hard by this time next year.
- Elizabeth Rafferty has been leading the ad-hoc committee that will oversee the White Paper on the Value of Library Summer Reading Programs. We expect to share this with you this fall.
- Charlotte Johnston is working on an article for VOYA, expected to run in the October issue.
- Kathy Buntin has been asked to form an ad-hoc committee to address partnerships. To ensure that we are building partnerships that benefit our members, we are looking to create guidelines and procedures to meet our needs and keep us focused.
- Reingold LINK (newly hired PR firm) gathered information at our Annual Meeting and are working on additional materials for us, including an updated website, and a potentially new logo and name.
As all of these projects progress we will be keeping you informed and encourage your feedback. Last week I had the opportunity to speak with a writer for School Library Journal about CSLP. She was amazed by the depth of our program and how we come from all 50 states, working together for a the benefit of all our members. I am eager to see her article and will share that when it comes out.
Wishing you all a safe and happy 4th of July,
Collaborative Summer Library Program
208-772-5612, ext 121
Comments are closed.