New York State Teen Video Challenge Winners
The Teen Video Challenge is a contest sponsored by the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP). Teens aged 13-18 create a 30-90 second video to promote summer reading and public libraries using the CSLP teen summer reading slogan. New York State has participated in the Challenge since 2011.
- CSLP teen slogan for 2015: Unmask
- Winner: Unmask Your Imagination from the DeWitt Community Library, DeWitt, NY
- Finalist: Unmask a New Hero
- CSLP teen slogan for 2014: Spark a Reaction
- Winner: Reading Makes Your Imagination Shine from the Malverne Public Library, Malverne, NY
- Finalists: Berne Spark a Reaction and Adopt a Book
- CSLP teen slogan for 2013: Beneath the Surface
- Winner: Alice in the Maximum Potter Games from the Liverpool Public Library, Liverpool, NY
- Finalists: Summer Reading, The Book of Treasure, and Pearls of Wisdom
- CSLP teen slogan for 2012: Own the Night
- Winner: Night Creatures from the Longwood Public Library, Middle Island, NY (video unavailable)
- Finalists: Books Don’t Need Power, Don’t Just Rap It Read It, and Make Books Come to Life.
- Winner of the Viewers’ Choice Award: Books Can Change the World, One Page at a Time
- Finalists of the Viewers’ Choice Award: Levittown Summer Reading (video unavailable) and Own the World.
2011 Teen Video Challenge
- CSLP teen slogan for 2011: You Are Here
- Winner: Director8 from the Nyack Library, Nyack, NY
- Finalists: The Power of Reading, You Are Here – NY, and Read the World.